Take a walk on the wild side with an authentic, but malaria free, Cape Town Safari Day Tour, conveniently located within reach of the Mother City. The resident animal life on this reserve have a luxurious 10,000 hectares over which to roam but thankfully your ranger guide will assist in tracking them down so that you can experience first hand, what it feels like to be a visitor in the animal kingdom. The warm Karoo hospitality, excellent cuisine and breathtaking landscape all add to this memorable 1-day tour.
The reserve contains over 1200 wild animals, representing 28 different species and hundreds of species of birdlife. Out of all the private reserves this close to the Mother City, only Inverdoorn offers such a wide variety of free roaming species living in large family herds. Visitors can track animals during the game drive in the specifically designed Land Rover 4x4 game viewing vehicles, with rangers on hand to help you find the animals and provide accurate, up-to-date information of flora and fauna.
The Day Safari will include the following:
- Door to door transfer from Cape Town CBD and surrounding area
- Welcome drinks with home-made bicuits at the lodge on arrival (around 10:00)
- 2 to 3 hour game drive in open air 4x4 with professional guide
- Lunch under the trees or at the restaurant depending on the weather
- The Buffet consists of 5 Salads, 2 main course and 2 desserts
- Relax around the swimming pool or visit our shop
- Depart from Inverdoorn at approximately 14:30
- Welcome drink on arrival
- 3-hour Game drive in custom 4x4 vehicles
- Qualified ranger guide to accompany you
- 3 Course Buffet Lunch
- Return Transfer from Cape Town CBD
What to bring with you
Sunblock & Hat, Comfortable shoes, Warm jacket, Camera!
Best time for this tour?
The Karoo landscape is beautiful at any time of year; In winter there may be snow on the surrounding mountains, in summer you get the true sense of the safari feel. The landscape changes with each season and the most colourful times are in Spring when the veld flowers begin to bloom covering the ground in vast carpets of colour.
The temperature in the Karoo varies dramatically from day to the night, especially in the summer.